Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Awesomeness

What's up nobody,

Recently I was able to pick up a 70/80's era MF 50mm f1.8 Series E Nikon prime to add to the collection of old relic lenses. I already have the AF 50mm f1.8D and have always loved it but I had a want for the earlier version as it was on the very first 35mm SLR camera I shot. I was able to pick this one up off craigslist in absolutely perfect condition. I've been coupling it with a 52mm +3 filter and having a blast. It has not left my camera since. The difficulty of shooting with it is much greater not only because on the MF and the lack of metering but the extremely short depth of field coupled with the filter. Anyway, I picked up the lens/filter/case for only $30.00 and I'd recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately, what I've just told you is absolute lunacy in the photography world. Most photographers laugh at the idea of using a manual focus lens on a digital camera but I have way too much fund doing so to not recommend it. What the hell do you care anyway. Go experiment.



No comments: